Yesterday was my birthday. It was a great day! Thanks for all the warm wishes.
This is a different kind of blog post than usual. I thought it’d be fun to share some random facts in honor of my 39 years.
39 Things You Might Not Know About Me:
1. On the streets of Calgary (not Calvary) Bill Murray told me I could get a picture with him if I stopped slouching. I’ve been working on my posture ever since.
2. My sisters and I sang, “I’ve Got A Gal in Kalamazoo,” on Jimmy Kimmel’s stage before the live show aired.
3. I got to record a lullaby with a small group from our Children’s Chorus for a Gerber Baby Food video that was to be shown at their headquarters.
4. In 4th Grade, I won a drawing contest at the library. The winner got their drawing turned into placemats at the local McDonald’s and my family received a $20 gift certificate to eat there. This was the 80’s and $20 went a long way. P.S. I’m old enough to remember Micky D’s before chicken nuggets.
5. I almost drowned in the neighbor’s pool when I tried to help a young boy who was struggling to swim.
6. When I was little I saw Jane Seymour in an old-fashioned costume at the Grand Hotel, filming Somewhere in Time, I said, “Hey Dad, look at the old lady” (referring to her attire, not her looks).
7. Hubby and I rode from Lansing to Mackinac on a tandem rode bike and lived to tell about it.
8. Rooibos tea is my favorite—especially cream caramel.
9. I used to want to own a red Mazda Miata.
10. When I went to college I wanted to have a job as a lounge singer and wear a sequin dress and sit on a piano while I sang (probably because I watched the movie Beaches too many times).
11. In college I also wanted to solve the JFK Assassination conspiracy in my spare time. That didn’t exactly pan out. Never even finished the book I bought on the subject. My 7th grade history teacher sparked this interest with his fascinating theories.
12. I don’t like cake usually. That is all.
13. I like musicals. Bring on the jazz hands. I’ve been in a few myself. One of my favorites to watch is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I got to see it on Broadway with my friend Jenn and her family—so good! Maybe I’ll be in it someday.
14. I like raspberries. I used to sneak them out of our neighbors yard when I was little. She would yell at me, “Get out of my patch!”
15. In my opinion, chocolate and peanut butter are a perfect combination.
16. I am a loud phone talker. This is not one of hubby’s favorite qualities about me.
17. I like to have all our DVD’s in ABC order. It’s a losing battle.
18. I have traveled to Japan and Costa Rica.
19. Singing the National Anthem at a professional football game is on my Bucket List.
20. I think Kermit the Frog is cute. Might have had a crush.
21. I struggle with overeating. It’s gotten much better over the years but there are still some issues.
22. I am an outgoing introvert.
23. I don’t dust or iron—okay, maybe once a year, but that’s pushing it.
24. I am a creative cook. I like to add my own flair to dishes. This usually works in my favor—well, at least it’s gotten better over the years. But the family is still skeptical when I say there’s a secret ingredient.
25. I usually fall asleep during movies. This is also not one of hubby’s favorite qualities about me.
26. I am sensitive. My feelings get hurt easily.
27. I am confrontational. I like to deal with things right away so we can move on.
28. I am quick to jump to conclusions. This doesn’t usually work in my favor.
29. I worry a lot—too much.
30. Twice I’ve dropped a ski while water skiing and stayed up on one for awhile—thrilling.
31. I was voted Class Snob and Class Flirt in high school—ugg.
32. I spend way too much time thinking about what song I would audition with for reality music shows.
33. I love to stop and smell the roses, literally, or whatever other fragrant flower is around.
34. Hummingbirds are probably my favorite bird.
35. I hate mice.
36. My favorite number is 22. When I was eleven I liked a boy who was eleven, so I doubled our ages and came up with the number 22 to be my favorite. Weird.
37. I used to tell this joke when I was little, “What’s smaller than a banana peel?” Answer? The sky. My rationale was that if you flipped the earth upside down than the sky would be under the banana peel. Still doesn’t make any sense, but it did to me at the time.
38. We like to name our kids unique names. We have a hard time finding some of their names on anything because of it. We think long and hard about what our kids names will be and pick something that has a deep meaning to us. For obviously reasons, Will, Page, Story, Might, Can and Don’t are out (because of our last name). 😉
39. I’m not sure how I feel about the big 4-0 next year, but I’m enjoying 39 just fine.
P.S. I am giving you a gift in honor of my birthday. Head on over here to Noise Trade to download four of the tracks from my album, Echoes of My Heart. If you could leave a review on Amazon afterwards, that would be a gift to me!
P.P.S. Linking up with the #RaRaLinkup today. Join us for a big dose of encouragement.