Katie M. Reid delights in helping others find grace in the unraveling of life. Through transparent confessions, memorable object lessons, and practical biblical truth, Katie exhorts others to live for Jesus through her messages. She often uses music, poetry, humor, and poignant questions to uplift audiences. She blogs regularly here at katiemreid.com and many other places on the web. You can connect with Katie on Facebook and Twitter (or use contact form for speaking inquiries).
If you’re looking for a speaker who combines thought-provoking content, passionate words, delightful humor, and expressive presentation, you’ve found her. Katie shares from her heart straight to yours. You will walk away changed and dared to pursue Christ intensely!
Laurie Wickes, Children’s Ministry Director at Trinity Fellowship EFC
- A Doer’s Heart and a Daughter’s Spirit: “Grace is a gift to be received not a prize to be earned.” For almost forty years, Katie tried to earn (and keep) God’s favor with exemplary behavior, until a dusty living room revelation changed all that. Through personal testimony, Biblical truth, and a memorable object lesson, Katie takes you on a journey from living with a “hired help mentality” to a “beloved daughter’s reality.” Move from striving to settledness as you are freed to work from a place of strength and peace in this moving keynote.
- Undress the Stress: Many women are stressed out and it’s time to explore the reasons for it. Katie sheds the outer layer of this issue and helps you get to the bottom line of your negative reactions. With humor, practical advice, and an action plan you will be inspired to walk in freedom as you undress your stress (this session makes for a great breakout session or workshop).
- From Worry to Wonder: Exchange stressed-out worry for wide-eyed wonder as you are inspired to refresh your thinking using a powerful tool from Philippians 4:8. Learn how to lay down heaviness and pick up hope as you see things from a different vantage point. Listen to an example of this message here (this recording was geared toward moms but can easily be adapted for the needs of your group).
- The Joy Robbers and the Joy Restorers: Many women fight for joy and peace on a regular basis. Uncover ways to confront the unwanted joy robbers as you welcome in the joy restorers. In this session, you will discover how to use the “Yield, Pause, and Breathe” method as you are equipped to curb guilt and embrace grace, leading to more joy.
- Feasting on God’s Word: It’s easy to feel intimidated when studying the Bible. In this session, you will learn some simple yet exciting methods to help you feast on God’s Word and communicate His truth with ease. Katie is a trained Bible Study Leader. She simplifies key elements of the inductive study method and creatively instructs you to savor God’s Word, one bite at a time. Learn how to discover truth for yourself as you utilize these practical tools in your time of study.
- The Tension of Two Callings: It is an honor to be called to minister but it is tough when you are called to more than one thing. How do you thrive in the tug of war between Titus 2 and the other giftings that God has entrusted to you? This session will give you encouraging support and practical strategies to navigate the tension of ministering inside and outside of the home.
- Releasing Creativity: Our Creator has entrusted us with gifts to utilize for His glory but often doubt, fear, and comparison hold us back from unlocking our creativity. Discover how to break free from that which holds you back as you are inspired to offer what’s in your head, heart, and hands through this interactive session.
- More topics available like: The No Strings Attached Christmas and Goodbye Mama Guilt!
Katie writes and performs Spoken Word poetry. She will gladly write a specific piece to fit your event and perform it there. Katie also writes songs and, given enough time, can create a unique song for your gathering. You can listen to her album, Echoes of My Heart, here.
Since Katie is a wife and homeschooling mom of five, she is available to speak twelve times per year (for weekend events) and a several times a month (for weekday events). Submit speaking inquiries via the contact form.
Katie is willing to negotiate a speaking fee, based on your budget. She asks that travel costs be covered.